Your primary care physician requires many techniques to provide you with diagnoses and treatments for acute and chronic health conditions. This often includes diagnostic testing.
At Starling Diagnostics, our radiologists partner with primary care doctors to precisely pinpoint and diagnose illnesses and injuries.
What Is Diagnostic Testing?
Diagnostic testing is a routine part of primary care for children, teens, adults, and seniors. As your age advances or depending on certain lifestyle choices (such as smoking), your family physician may ask you to undergo certain kinds of tests to screen for, diagnose, and stage various kinds of health problems, including:
- Acute illnesses, such as Strep throat and COVID-19
- Chronic diseases, such as hypertension, thyroid dysfunction, high cholesterol, asthma and diabetes
- Life-threatening conditions, such as cancer and cardiovascular disease
Your physician may also check vision and hearing, muscular strength, cardiovascular endurance, and neurological function (reflexes, memory and cognition). Routinely, you and your doctor will review your diet and exercise habits, and smoking and alcohol usage. If an issue comes up, your doctor may use diagnostic testing to understand your symptoms better.
How Starling Diagnostics in The Bronx, NY Can Help
At Starling Diagnostics, our board-certified radiologists and highly trained technologists provide on-site diagnostic testing, which is comfortable, respectful, and accurate. Our equipment truly is state-of-the-art, rendering images and results which make your primary care physician’s job easier. With our clear and detailed reports prepared on-site by our radiologists, your primary care doctor can screen for, diagnose, detect, stage, and plan treatment for a wide range of health issues.
Here are just some of the diagnostic tests we perform at our convenient East Avenue facility:
- Low-radiation digital X-rays to image bones, fractures, and tumors
- MRIs (magnetic resonance imaging) to get detailed images of the brain, spinal cord, abdomen, pelvis and chest using magnetism rather than radiation
- CT scan, which is an innovative imaging test that produces cross-section images of both soft and hard tissues, including the brain and major blood vessels
- 3T mammography, today’s state-of-the-art test for detecting breast tumors and structural issues
- DEXA scans, an imaging technique that helps diagnose bone diseases, such as osteoporosis
- Ultrasound imaging, which uses sound waves to render clear images of fetuses, vascular abnormalities, and problems with solid organs, such as the liver and pancreas.
Primary Care Services
At Starling Diagnostics, we also provide primary care services, such as vaccinations (tetanus, shingles, pneumonia, and more). In fact, our on-site primary care physician can provide your annual wellness exam, schedule your screening and diagnostic tests, and plan the treatments and prevention measures that make sense for you and your health goals.
Schedule With Starling Diagnostics in The Bronx, New York
If you are interested in learning more about diagnostic imaging and how it fits into primary care, schedule an consultation with our primary care providers. Call (718) 319-1610, or request an appointment online. We look forward to serving your health care needs.