A family care doctor is a medical professional who provides primary care services to patients of all ages. Family care doctors can treat a wide range of health concerns, from the common cold to more serious conditions like diabetes and heart disease. In most cases, family care doctors serve as the first point of contact for patients when they have any type of medical concern or question.
Let’s talk about the many benefits of choosing a family doctor for primary care services.
Family Doctor Services
A family doctor can provide a wide array of services to the entire family. Choosing a family care doctor opens up your family to all the services below:
- Routine check-ups and screenings: A family care doctor can provide routine check-ups to ensure that you and your family are healthy. This may include tests for conditions such as high blood pressure and cholesterol. They can also order medical screenings for cancers, such as mammograms, colonoscopies, and more.
- Immunizations: A family care doctor can provide immunizations to help protect you and your family from serious diseases. A family care doctor provides immunizations against a variety of diseases, including influenza, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, and chickenpox. They also provide booster shots for those who have already been vaccinated against these diseases.
- Treatment of minor illnesses: A family care doctor can treat minor illnesses such as colds, flu, ear infections, and more. They are trained to treat a wide range of medical conditions, as many can be treated at the primary care level.
- Management of chronic conditions: If you or a member of your family has a chronic condition such as diabetes, allergies, or asthma, a family care doctor can help manage the condition by providing disease management services, which include personalized recommendations and monitoring.
- Make lifestyle recommendations: Your lifestyle impacts your overall health and wellness in a variety of ways. A family care doctor can provide individualized recommendations and refer you to a nutritionist or other health professional for specific dietary and lifestyle advice. Family care doctors can act as coordinators of your care.
- Convenience. Family doctors are able to take care of the entire family, which means you don’t have to juggle with multiple primary care doctors or offices for your children, parents, and yourself. This will save you a lot of money, time, and energy in the long run.
A family care doctor may be a better choice than other primary care doctors because they are able to provide convenient care to the whole family. They will take the time to get to know their patient families and be invested in providing comprehensive care and tackle health problems from a family-wide perspective. For instance, if a certain disease runs in your family, they may recommend screenings or lifestyle changes for everyone to reduce the risk of developing it in the future. They can also detect issues that are affecting the whole family, such as weight gain, an unhealthy diet, mental health problems, and more, and provide guidance for everyone to follow.
Family Care Doctor in The Bronx, NY
Starling Diagnostics offers comprehensive and high-quality primary care services to the Parkchester area and surrounding communities. Our doctors care about your family’s health and are committed to its betterment. We believe healthy communities are better communities, which is why we offer a wide range of services, such as diagnostic testing, annual physical exams, health screenings, vaccinations, and chronic disease management.
Are you ready to take a more proactive stance when it comes to your family’s health? Schedule an appointment with one of our primary care doctors by calling (718) 319-1610. You can also send us an appointment request using our online request form.