Internal medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of a broad range of internal diseases affecting adults. Those who study internal medicine receive general medical education, as well as various rotations among different medical subspecialties, including time spent caring for patients in critical or intensive care.
In effect, internal medicine doctors often referred to as internists, are qualified to treat adults with multiple adult-specific acute and chronic conditions. They serve as primary care physicians for adults of all ages, differentiating them from family medicine doctors, who see patients of all ages, including children.
Let’s discuss the many services an internal medicine doctor can provide, and where you can go in The Bronx to receive these primary care services for better overall health and wellness.
Services an Internal Medicine Doctor Can Provide
Internal medicine doctors offer a variety of services that most adult patients will need to achieve and maintain great health. Their goal is to diagnose, treat, and prevent a broad range of health problems adults often develop. To do this, they offer the following services:
- Accurate diagnoses of a broad range of acute and chronic diseases through appropriate diagnostics and testing
- Expert and prompt treatment for acute medical conditions and management of chronic diseases that affect the body’s systems, with a focus on reducing symptoms and improving quality of life
- Follow-up care even after the successful treatment of a medical condition
- Personalized nutrition and lifestyle counseling with a focus on the prevention of disease and the improvement of symptoms of the disease
- Providing preventive services such as annual checkups, vaccinations, wellness checkups, and health screenings
- Mental health counseling for psychological disorders such as depression and anxiety
- Referrals to specialists, as necessary
Choosing an experienced and skilled internal medicine provider is necessary for positive health outcomes for patients with multiple chronic medical conditions, such as type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, respiratory disease, and cancer. They can help you manage such conditions through a variety of methods, so they don’t negatively impact your quality of life. They typically employ customized treatment plans that include lifestyle changes, nutritional guidance, medications, and other treatments.
Choosing the right internal medicine provider for you may require doing a bit of research. Start off your search by typing “best internal medicine doctors in The Bronx” in Google to see which providers are nearby. Then, read online reviews from previous patients, check which providers your insurance plan covers, and schedule consultations to meet each of the doctors you are considering.
Best Internal Medicine Doctor in The Bronx
At Starling Diagnostics, our board-certified internal medicine doctor, Dr. Newaz Hossain is more than happy to provide you with top-tier primary care services. A lot of patients are not always sure of what they need in terms of services and dietary and lifestyle changes. Dr. Hossain can help with that. Dr. Hossain carefully and meticulously crafts patients’ treatment plans and ensures they receive timely interventions and critical services such as preventive screenings.
We have built our reputation on our commitment to bettering the health and lives of patients. Are you ready to make a change? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Newaz Hossain today. Call our office at (718) 319-1610 or use our convenient online appointment request form.