Primary care doctors are an essential component of the care delivery system. They are on the front lines of health management and preventative care, providing effective and personalized care and assurance to patients and their families.
These physicians are trained to diagnose, treat, and prevent a wide range of illnesses and injuries. They can treat both chronic and acute disorders, such as diabetes mellitus, as well as acute illnesses like bronchitis, allergies, colds, and flu.
If you have a health problem, they are usually the first person you contact. You can rely on them for common illnesses, condition management and treatment, and education regarding your health. Continue reading to learn what a primary care doctor can diagnose.
What a Primary Care Doctor Diagnoses
A primary care doctor is a health manager. If you are currently ill or if you need to manage your sickness or condition, you should see a primary care doctor. They are trained to handle most aspects of health but may refer you to a medical specialist if your condition demands more specialized attention.
Primary care doctors aid in health management by providing regular physicals, vaccinations, preventive care, and wellness health checks. They also diagnose and treat common illnesses and chronic conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, and heart and pulmonary diseases. Primary care doctors can also help in treating anxiety and depression.
Primary care doctors can diagnose and treat the following:
- Aches and pains, migraines, sleep issues, and vertigo
- Arthritis, balance problems, gait disorders, gout, joint pain, osteoporosis, and tendonitis
- Common allergies, cold, cough, fever, and flu
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Fractures, sprains, and strains
- Gastrointestinal disorders and acid reflux
- Heart diseases, hypertension, and high cholesterol levels
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Pulmonary diseases and Pneumonia
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Skin disorders, rashes
- Urinary tract infections
Why Visit a Primary Care Doctor
A primary care doctor can be your go-to person for routine health care. Contrary to popular belief, you shouldn’t visit your doctor only when you’re sick. You may also visit them for the following reasons:
- If you have concerns about your health or want to take steps to improve your health. You may schedule an annual exam, a health check, or vaccinations.
- If you’re feeling a little under the weather. Your primary care doctor can assess your condition by conducting specific tests, and they can prescribe medications based on the diagnosis.
- If you have a chronic disease such as hypertension, pneumonia, diabetes, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Your primary care doctor can support you in finding specialists, and they will continue to be key members of your health team throughout treatment.
- If you were just involved in an accident or suffered an injury. Even if it’s just a minor inquiry, your primary care doctor should be aware.
Diagnostic and Treatment Center in The Bronx, NY
Primary care doctors are medical professionals who prevent, diagnose, and treat a variety of conditions that impact people at various stages of life. Establishing a relationship with a primary care doctor who is a match for you is likely to improve your health outcomes now and in the future.
If you’re looking for a primary care doctor that will best suit your healthcare needs, visit us at Starling Diagnostics. We have well-trained and experienced physicians who can help you with your primary care needs and accommodating staff to ensure you a safe and comfortable visit.
Call us today at (718) 319-1610 to learn more about our primary care services or to make an appointment. You can also use our convenient and secure appointment request form.