Insurance plans are beneficial for many patients, especially in emergency cases. However, some insurance policies limit the services covered, and some people do not have health insurance at all.
That is why many clinics and healthcare service centers offer a cash-pay option. Let’s talk about the benefits of a cash-pay imaging center and how it enables you to access the essential diagnostic imaging services you need.
What Is the Cash Pay Option?
Cash pay or self-payment options for health-related services are used when the patient does not have insurance covering the treatment or services they received. Sometimes, patients opt for cash pay to save time from processing documents and checkout counters.
Some individuals prefer the cash pay option because they want to avoid paying extra costs that some insurance policies charge. Transactions through cash pay will allow you to only pay for the services you need.
Is There a Cash Pay Imaging Center Near Me?
A cash-pay center usually accepts insurance policies, but some policies may only partially cover the services that are ordered by a physician (and received by the patient). Your doctor can only treat your condition properly when they first have a firm diagnosis, and diagnostic imaging tests make this possible.
Imaging services comprise some of the diagnostic scans that are used by physicians to determine an accurate diagnosis of neurological, musculoskeletal, and women’s healthcare issues. If you need imaging scans, contact your nearby imaging center and ask whether they offer a cash-pay option.
Starling Diagnostics for Your Diagnostic Imaging Needs
Starling Diagnostics is conveniently located in the Parkchester area of The Bronx. We offer the following imaging services:
- 3T MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) – An MRI can scan the brain, spine, soft tissues, bones, blood vessels, and beyond. It produces vivid images that can help your doctor diagnose abnormalities.
- CT Scan – A CT scan is applicable for various medical conditions such as internal injuries, osteoporosis, infections, lung diseases, and chest or abdominal pain. CT scans provide cross-sectional images of organs and tissues, allowing specialists to detect issues inside your body.
- 3-D Mammogram – A 3-D mammogram is an imaging test that utilizes multiple breast X-rays taken from different angles to create an image. Compared to a traditional 2-D mammogram, it produces a more detailed image that can reveal areas of dense breast tissue, which helps with breast cancer detection.
- Ultrasound – We often think of pregnancy and women’s healthcare when we think of ultrasound, but it can also provide images of soft tissues – thereby making it possible to identify problems in your organs such as kidneys, gallbladder, and liver. An ultrasound scan can also detect blockages in the arteries.
- Digital X-ray – X-rays are one of the most common and oldest diagnostic imaging technologies. However, a Digital X-ray is a more advanced technique that provides a number of advantages, such as better efficiency and less radiation exposure.
If you have any questions about our services or would like to schedule an appointment, contact our friendly staff at Starling Diagnostics today by calling (718) 319-1610. You may also fill out our appointment request form online now. We look forward to seeing you here!